Made me think of a lot of Davies-era stuff.
More below ...
[Spoilers for Power of Three, clearly]
1) Something about this really reminded me of Army of Ghosts ... strange things appearing all over the world. And the newcasters.
2) BRIAN COX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no "better man than you"!! <3 <3 <3 Seriously, I adore this guy.
3) So Amy is a kissogram, perfumer, model, travel writer ... I kind of wish it would stay consistent. I still can't figure her out. Nothing she does says anything about her.
4) Kay Stewart was such a nice tribute to the Brig ... that was really cool, and now I'm gonna get greedy and wish they'd do that more often. Although speaking of former companions, "is that all you can do, hover? a metal dog could do that" -- SO COLD!! Especially considering K9's sacrifics in School Reunion and the fact that he was instrumental in towing the earth back in Journey's End.
5) Restless!Doctor was a bit funny. Clearly everyone is wondering the extent to which Eleven and TenToo are likely to be similar XD Especially since I so want them to be similar with the reference to "because you were the first. the first face this face saw, and you're seared onto my hearts, amelia pond. You always will be. I'm running to you and Rory before you fade from me." (Although I wish Ten had shared the attitude about running towards Rose instead of away from her. That's the biggest problem with me shipping them - he didn't seem to WANT-to-want to be shipped).
(Actually wait a second ... Rose was the first face Ten saw, do you think it was Donna or Rose who was the first face TenToo saw? Does Donna count?)
On that note, I don't know how I feel about the whole "I don't travel to run away" thing. On the one hand, it's a great speech and I loved it --- on the other hand, that's not the Doctor, at least not in new Who. So ... nice but OOC. Or lying to himself. IDK.
6) I think it's funny that Amy commits to being a bridesmaid and that means she "has to stay" - but she didn't have that attitude with her own wedding.
7) BRIAN'S LOG lololololololol
8) "Not them. Never them." Famous last words...
9) So nobody's noticed this creepy kid sitting in the ER for days or weeks or months or whatever.
10) So they just leave the little kid sitting next to an active defibrillator LOLOLOL
11) So both the Chakri (sp?) and Toclafane are like Gallifreyan bogeymen stories, I guess?
12) D'aww ... the power of two =) ... or better with three =) -- cute ending.
So ... cute, and upflifting, but ... kinda discombobulated a bit? It just felt like there was a lot going on and there wasn't one unifying theme, I guess. Still, SO MUCH BETTER THAN LAST WEEK!!